AES Ust-Kamenogorsk HPP
AES Ust-Kamenogorsk HPP
Ust-Kamenogorsk HPP is a part of the Irtysh HPP cascade performing a role of Bukhtarma HPP counter-regulator. The plant was designed by the model of Dniepro HPP. The main function is power generation and compensatory regulation of the Irtysh River flow.
Number of units - 4;
Installed electric capacity - 331.2MW;
Available electric capacity - 315 MW;
Equivalent total capacity - 331,2MW.
The number of employees - 114 people.
Executive Director - Kuriy Yuliya Anatoliyevna
1939 – Beginning of plant construction.
1952 – Commissioning of hydraulic unit #1.
1953 – Commissioning of hydraulic unit #2, 3.
1959 – Commissioning of hydraulic unit #4.
1997 - Ust-Kamenogorsk HPP concession to AES.
2003 - Replacement of thrust bearing on hydraulic unit #2.
2006 – Replacement of transformer TZ phase "A";
2011 - After the reconstruction (replacement of stator of hydraulic generator) commissioning of hydraulic unit #4.
2013 - After the reconstruction (replacement of hydraulic generator, replacement of the excitation system, installation of automated control system and installation of monitoring system) commissioning of hydraulic unit #1.
2015 - After the reconstruction (replacement of hydraulic generator, replacement of hydraulic turbine runner, replacement of the excitation system, installation of automated control system, installation of monitoring system) commissioning of hydraulic unit #3
In 2013 and 2015, AES Ust-Kamenogorsk HPP LLP participated in an international competition on health and safety, which is annually held by the British Association in health and safety. The Association has more than 50-year history and now it is one of the largest independent associations on health, safety and environment in the world. Daily efforts of employees were appreciated and Ust-Kamenogorsk HPP was awarded twice.
Ust-Kamenogorsk HPP performs all of its investment commitments and systematically implements a long-term program on modernization and reconstruction of fixed assets.
The implementation of investment programs of Ust-Kamenogorsk HPP is aimed at improving the reliability and safety operation of main and auxiliary equipment, complex hydraulic structures, and increasing the effectiveness of the control modes of the hydraulic units with providing optimal selection of operating parameters.
The major investment projects:
- 2011 - 2013 - Reconstruction of hydraulic unit №1, during which a full replacement of hydraulic generator was completed, excitation system was replaced, automatic control unit and hydraulic unit vibration monitoring systems were installed. The modernized hydraulic unit #1 was commissioned in April 2013.
- 2013-2015 - Reconstruction of hydraulic unit #3, during which replacement of hydraulic generator was completed, hydraulic turbine impeller and excitation system were replaced, automatic control unit and hydraulic unit vibration monitoring systems were installed. The modernized hydraulic unit #3 was commissioned in April 2015. The project increased the capacity of hydraulic unit by 9 MW.
- 2015-2017 - Reconstruction of hydraulic unit #3, during which It is planned to complete the replacement of the hydraulic generator, replacement of hydraulic turbine impeller, excitation system, installation of the automatic control unit and hydraulic unit vibration monitoring systems during the reconstruction.. Commissioning of the hydraulic unit #3 after the reconstruction is planned in April 2017. This project will increase the capacity of hydraulic unit by 9 MW.
In addition to these projects, investment funds of Ust-Kamenogorsk GES will be spent on major repairs of buildings and structures, reconstruction of equipment of open switchgear 110 kV, replacement of hydro mechanical equipment, the main booster transformers for reconstruction of the circuit supply for internal needs.
“AES Ust-Kamenogorsk HPP” LLP (here after referred to as the Plant) is an electric power generating company, it produces high quality and secure electric power for reliable and fail-safe fulfillment of obligations of electric power supply contracts.
The priority goal for “AES Ust-Kamenogorsk HPP” is the improvement of our Customers’ satisfaction, cost-effective and reliable operations, protection of the environment, secure fulfillment of works and elimination of risks to lives and health of our employees and stakeholders.
For achievement of this goal there is an integrated management system on the Plant based on the process approach, requirements applicable by legislation acts of the Republic of Kazakhstan and in accordancet with standards ISO 9001, ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001, ISO 50001 that works and is being continuousely improved. The integrated management system is a tool for the Plant quality, health protection, occupational, environmental safety, energy management performance improvement.
Taking a responsibility for the results of the company operation to electric power consumers, the company personnel and other stakeholders, following the principles of the AES corporate Policy the top management makes the following commitments in the area of Integrated Management System:
- To put prevention injuries and impairment of health of our employees, contractors, continuous improvement and prevention of environment pollution, rational use of energy resources the highest priority during the all enterprise activity;
- To be a reliable supplier of electric power and honor contractual commitment, as the success of our Company depends on creation and maintaining of long-term trust relations with market entity of electrical power:
- To abide requirements of applicable legislation of the Republic of Kazakhstan, international management standards of ISO and AES Corporations standards;
- To establish the process of continuous learning, improvement of skills and culture of each employee, understanding of our responsibility for the quality of operations, health protection and occupational safety, environmental protection, energy saving and energy efficiency.
- To strive for continuous improvement of management and productivity of health protection, occupational safety, management quality, continuous environmental management for improvement of environmental indicators and energy management;
- To perform energy planning and operational analysis of our activity on the rational use of energy resources, which leads to the continuous improvement in the field of project planning and purchase of equipment with improved energy characteristics.
- To introduce health protection and occupational safety, quality, environmental standards, energy saving and requirements to representatives of contactor organization and demand adherence to them.
- To maintain open communication with employees and community about Company’s activity in the field of quality management according to the requirements of ISO standards;
During work performance every employee is responsible both for his/her own safety and safety of his/her colleagues and community as well as for prevention of environmental pollution. Therefore each employee as well as a contractor not only has the right but is obliged to stop unsafe work.
Senior management of the Company commits to support this Policy with all necessary resources and each employee is personally responsible for its implementation within the scope of his or her competence.
070001, East Kazakhstan Region,
The Republic of Kazakhstan
Tel: 8 (7232) 56-10-40,
Fax: 8 (7232) 29-45-65